Bellevue, Nebraska

(402) 953-8825 

Nebraska Administrative Code, Title 272 outlines all of the procedures, stipulations and requirements for residents of Nebraska to apply for and receive their permit to carry a concealed handgun. Iowa Chapter 724 outlines the training requirements to apply for a resident non-professional concealed carry permit. We meet the training requirements for Iowa residents as well.

Your Nebraska Concealed Handgun Permit is valid for travel in 35 states, which are highlighted blue on the map.

The application process:

You are required to complete the state approved training before you apply for a permit. The State Patrol charges $100 to file your application, which is payable directly to the State Patrol Barracks when you apply, and is separate from the cost of the training we offer. 

Your renewal can be done every five years without additional training for a cost of $50, payable to the Nebraska State Patrol.

how it works

The image above is the private space where you will attend the academic portion of the class. After the academic instruction, we will travel to the state-of-the-art indoor range Take Aim for your target shooting qualification.

Why you need a class:

The law requires a State Patrol approved academic and range qualification course to be completed before a person may apply for their permit. 

We take pride in offering the very best materials, instruction and value in the area. You can verify our validity by visiting the Nebraska State Patrol website (link button above) and searching for Garrett Peddicord, Reese Stanley or Thredz Chan. Our training certificate is valid for all Nebraska residents, including those from Omaha and other cities.

what we do:

As providers of state approved firearms training, we are proud to play a part in arming responsible Americans. We make sure to thoroughly explain firearms safety. Even people who have never previously fired a handgun leave the class feeling comfortable with their firearm. If you are just getting into shooting, we can assure you that you will not be the only one in the class. The goal of this course is not to create expert marksmen, rather to ensure students leave with all the requisite skills and habits necessary to improve safely through practice. We will gladly answer any and all questions that you have. 

You are required to know whether or not you are legally able to possess a handgun before qualifying with our safety officers on the shooting range. As a general guideline, if you don't have a criminal history and are over 21 and don't have mental health or substance abuse problems, you are very likely to pass the background checks that the State Police will run once you apply for your permit. We highly encourage anyone interested in pursuing a CCW permit to contact the State Patrol or an attorney with specific legal questions.

Our goal is to make the experience of this training a very positive one. We provide a comfortable environment and provide everything, including lunch and refreshments. You will leave the course at the end of the day with everything you will need to go straight to the Nebraska State Patrol barracks near you and apply. 

There is a lot of information out there regarding the Nebraska Concealed Handgun Permit Act. The license to carry a weapon is commonly referred to as a Concealed Carry Permit, CCW, Conceal and Carry, Concealed Handgun Permit or CHP. We take the confusion out of all of the terminology, laws, and requirements you need to know so you can carry responsibly.

military members:

If you are a military member stationed in Nebraska on orders, you can apply for your permit through Nebraska. A Form 522 or equivalent firearms certification from the military is not sufficient to meet Nebraska requirements to apply. You still need to accomplish this civilian training. The only thing that is different for you while applying with the State Patrol following the class is that you must provide a copy of your orders and Proof of Vision (if your driver's license is out of state) from an optometrist when you apply. The doctor at the main BX on Offutt can provide that for you very easily.